United States Judo Federation
Module 5: Overview
Module 5 provides additional examples of Ippon, Wazari, non-scoring landings and less common penalities and their gestures, including direct Hansoku Make.
At the conclusion of Module 5, you will be able to;
- Differentiate opponents counter attack and push down examples
- Examine and distinguish grip below belt at end phase of throws and Kaeshi waza
- Analyze and assess Shido for an Illegal move
- Examine and assess Hansoku-make for dangerous techniques.
Module 5B: Scoring
- Nage waza Scoring
- Counter roll to back examples
- Grip below belt at end phase of throw examples
- Kaeshi waza examples
Module 5C: Penalties
- Shido (Slight Penalty) Shido for an Illegal Move
- Hooking one leg between the opponent’s legs
- Take the judogi in the mouth
- Put a foot or a leg in the opponent’s belt, collar or lapel.
- To kick with the knee or foot, the hand or arm of the opponent
- Both of the contestants are in a tachi-shisei (standing position) and one or both apply kansetsu-waza or shime-waza
- No score and shido for reverse seoi-nage
- Hansoku Make (Grave Penalty)
- Hansoku-make for Acts against the Spirit of Judo (cannot continue)
- To apply kawazu-gake
- To apply kansetsu-waza anywhere other than to the elbow joint
- To fall directly to the tatami while applying or attempting to apply techniques such as Ude-Hishigi-Waki-Gatame
- To reap the opponents supporting leg from the inside
- To make any action this may endanger or injure the opponent
- To intentionally fall backwards when the other contestant is clinging to his back
- To lift the opponent off the tatami and forcefully push him back onto the tatami without a judo technique.
- To disregard the referee’s instructions
- To wear a hard or metallic object
Penalties - Shido
0% Complete 0/6 Steps
Illegal Move: Both Contestants are in a Tachi-shisei (standing position) and one or both apply Kansetsu-waza or Shime-waza
Penalties - Hansoku make
0% Complete 0/9 Steps
Hansoku Make (Grave Penalty): To lift the opponent off the tatami and forcefully push him back onto the tatami without a judo technique.