In this Lesson, we examine: Tachiwaza Scoring
The objective is to throw your opponent onto the mat to score and Ippon.
What constitutes an Ippon – An award of Ippon ends the match.
Situations for an award of Ippon occur;
- – When the contestants are standing (Nage-waza),
- – When contestants are on the mat in a hold down (Osae-waza),
- – When contestants are on the mat and one submits from an effective strangle (Shime-waza)
- – contestants are on the mat and one submits from an effective arm lock (Kansetsu-waza),
- – Or when one contestant submits.
Consult the current IJF SOR for more information;