United States Judo Federation
Re – Certification
Welcome to the USJF Education Portal
National Teacher Re-Certification
The purpose of certification renewal is to provide a means for expanding knowledge and reinforcing skills through participation in professional development activities.
The requirements for recertification support the USJF vision and mission commitment to enhance the continued competence of the individual and validate, through certification a specialized body of knowledge.
Vision: Building strong wellness communities by empowering members to make known the Judo maxim, Jita-kyoei (spirit of mutual prosperity for self and others), through safe and positive experiences.
Mission: Promote and support Judo as a physical, mental, and moral practice.
Student Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of the course, you will be able to;
- Summarize Judo history and philosophy
- Recognize and illustrate attributes of an assistant instructor
- Define and illustrate elements in Instruction (Pedagogy)
- Recognize and demonstrate techniques in Tachi-waza, Osae-waza, Shime-waza, Kansetsu-waza and transitions from Tachi waza into Ne waza
Teacher Re-Certification Modules
- Module 1: Welcome to National Teacher Re-Certification
- Module 2: USJF Jr. Rank Requirements and Teaching Judo to Children
- Module 3: Additional Course Requirements to Complete the Certification
- Module 4: Judo Philosophy
- Module 5: Tools for Instruction and Lesson Planning
- Module 6: Assistant Teachers
- Module 7: Upload Lessons, Upload a 2 Minute Instructional Video on Tachi-waza, Osae-waza, Shime-waza, Kansetsu-waza, Turnovers and Tachi-waza to Ne-waza transitions.
Minimum age and rank requirement: 18 yrs and older – Shodan (1st Degree Black Belt)
Levels of Certification:
USJF National Teacher Certification: Individuals with NO previous Teacher certifications from USJF, USJA, USA Judo
USJF National Master Teacher Certification: National Teachers who are re-certifying or individuals with previous Teacher certifications from USJF, USJA, USA Judo.
- Re-Certification Fee: $75.00